Apache Mesos 1.6.1 Released
Apache Mesos 1.6.1 is now available for download. This release includes important bug fixes and improvements to 1.6.0; if you’re considering using Mesos 1.6, it’s recommended that you use 1.6.1. The following notable fixes are included:
- MESOS-3790 - ZooKeeper connection should retry on
- MESOS-8830 - Agent gc on old slave sandboxes could empty persistent volume data
- MESOS-8871 - Agent may fail to recover if the agent dies before image store cache checkpointed.
- MESOS-8904 - Master crash when removing quota.
- MESOS-8936 - Implement a Random Sorter for offer allocations.
- MESOS-8945 - Master check failure due to CHECK_SOME(providerId).
- MESOS-8963 - Executor crash trying to print container ID.
- MESOS-8980 - mesos-slave can deadlock with docker pull.
- MESOS-8986 -
slave.available()in the allocator is expensive and drags down allocation performance.
- MESOS-8987 - Master asks agent to shutdown upon auth errors.
- MESOS-9002 - GCC 8.1 build failure in os::Fork::Tree.
- MESOS-9024 - Mesos master segfaults with stack overflow under load.
- MESOS-9025 - The container which joins CNI network and has checkpoint enabled will be mistakenly destroyed by agent.
Full release notes are available in the release CHANGELOG.
Rolling upgrades from a Mesos 1.6.0 cluster to Mesos 1.6.1 are straightforward. Please refer to the upgrade guide for detailed information on upgrading to Mesos 1.6.1 from other versions.
Try it out
Please try out this release and let us know what you think. If you run into any issues, let us know on the user mailing list and/or Slack/IRC.
Thanks to the 18 contributors who made 1.6.1 possible:
Alexander Rojas, Alexander Rukletsov, Andrew Schwartzmeyer, Armand Grillet, Benjamin Bannier, Benjamin Mahler, Benno Evers, bin zheng, Chun-Hung Hsiao, Gastón Kleiman, Gilbert Song, Greg Mann, he yi hua, James Peach, Jie Yu, Kjetil Joergensen, Meng Zhu, Zhitao Li