If you're new to Mesos
See the getting started page for more information about downloading, building, and deploying Mesos.
If you'd like to get involved or you're looking for support
See our community page for more details.
- Getting Started for basic instructions on compiling and installing Mesos.
- Upgrades for upgrading a Mesos cluster.
- Configuration for command-line arguments.
- HTTP Endpoints for available HTTP endpoints.
- Containerizer for containerizer overview and use cases.
- Containerizer Internals for implementation details of containerizers.
- Mesos Containerizer default containerizer, supports both Linux and POSIX systems.
- Docker Containerizer for launching a Docker image as a Task, or as an Executor.
- External Containerizer for custom containerization implementations (deprecated).
- Framework Rate Limiting
- High Availability for running multiple masters simultaneously.
- Operational Guide
- Agent Recovery for doing seamless agent upgrades and allowing executors to survive
- Maintenance for performing maintenance on a Mesos cluster.
- Tools for setting up and running a Mesos cluster.
- SSL for enabling and enforcing SSL communication.
- Container Image for supporting container images in Mesos containerizer.
- Attributes and Resources for how to describe the agents that comprise a cluster.
- Fetcher Cache for how to configure the Mesos fetcher cache.
- Oversubscription for how to configure Mesos to take advantage of unused resources to launch “best-effort” tasks.
- Persistent Volume for how to allow tasks to access persistent storage resources.
- Multiple Disks for how to to allow tasks to use multiple isolated disk resources.
- Quota for how to configure Mesos to provide guaranteed resource allocations for use by a role.
- Reservation for how operators and frameworks can reserve resources on individual agents for use by a role.
- Replicated Log for information on the Mesos replicated log.
- Scheduler HTTP API describes the new HTTP API for communication between schedulers and the Mesos master.
- Executor HTTP API describes the new HTTP API for communication between executors and the Mesos agent.
- Operator HTTP API describes the new HTTP API for communication between operators and Mesos master/agent.
- API Client Libraries lists client libraries for the HTTP APIs.
- Versioning describes HTTP API and release versioning.
- Javadoc documents the old Java API.
- Doxygen documents the C++ API.
Running Mesos Frameworks
- Mesos frameworks for a list of apps built on top of Mesos and instructions on how to run them.
- Sandbox describes a useful debugging arena for most users.
Developing Mesos Frameworks
- Framework Development Guide describes how to build applications on top of Mesos.
- Designing Highly Available Mesos Frameworks
- Reconciliation for ensuring a framework’s state remains eventually consistent in the face of failures.
- Developer Tools for hacking on Mesos or writing frameworks.
- Mesos Modules for specifying Mesos modules for master, agent and tests.
- Allocation Modules for how to write custom resource allocators.
Contributing to Mesos
- Reporting an Issue, Improvement, or Feature for getting started with JIRA.
- Submitting a Patch for getting started with ReviewBoard and our tooling around it.
- Reopening a Review for our policy around reviving reviews on ReviewBoard.
- Testing Patterns for tips and tricks used in Mesos tests.
- Effective Code Reviewing guidelines, tips, and learnings for how to do effective code reviews.
- Engineering Principles and Practices to serve as a shared set of project-level values for the community.
- Committing guidelines for committing changes.
- Committers and Maintainers a listing of project committers and component maintainers; useful when seeking feedback.
- Working groups a listing of groups working on different components.
- Doxygen documents the internal Mesos APIs.
- Documentation Guide
- Development Roadmap
- Release Guide